Posted by Dr. Jim Hattabaugh on 11/10/2020
Good Afternoon Everyone:
As you may know by now, the Jicarilla Apache Nation will go into lockdown beginning Monday, November 16, 2020 until Sunday, November 29, 2020.
They are still developing plans and requirements which they will adopt on Thursday, November 12.
Here is what we know at this time.
- Access to and from the reservation will be strictly enforced during this time.
- Two days each week may be designated for one person per family may leave to buy food and necessities.
- The local story on Hawk Drive will have limited hours of operation.
What this means for Dulce Schools:
- If you live in Dulce, you may want to stock up on necessities before Monday.
- Classes will continue as they have been this semester.
- All teachers will operate remotely.
- Some essential workers may get a pass into the reservation if they live outside of the reservation (not sure yet).
- We will continue to serve meals as we have been. The hours/days/place may be adjusted but we will announce any changes on our social media outlets and robo calls.
- We will continue to work with the Nation to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- All school buildings will be closed as much as possible with essential employees will be allowed into the schools. Call your principal for advice.
- Please take time in your classes to reassure the students and encourage all safety measures.
- As soon as I find out more details, I will send it out to everyone.
- Stay safe and follow all precautions.
Dr. Jim Hattabaugh
Dulce Independent School District
Dulce, NM 87528