SAFETY & SECURITY
It is the mission of the Dulce Independent Schools Safety and Security Department to provide school security services which enhance and support the Dulce Independent School District. Our goal is to promote a safe and welcoming environment which recognizes and is respectful of diversity that aims to improve the quality of school life for students, faculty and staff.
All students, faculty and staff contribute to making Dulce Schools a safe, nurturing environment for learning. The Dulce Schools Safety and Security Department is committed to ensuring the safety of students, employees, and visitors through effective policies and procedures, educational programming, and maintaining working relationships with community resources of the Jicarilla Apache Nation such as Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services, Behavioral Health, Game and Fish, and more.
DISD Security Department Goals:
To Serve and Protect:
- To create a safe environment conducive to learning by providing school-wide patrol and surveillance
- Responding to various school incidents and calls for aid
- Daily inspection of security systems, equipment, buildings, and property
- Providing educational programs to the district which cultivate safety and security awareness.
- Engaging in proactive anticipation, recognition, and appraisal of crime risks, and taking the action needed to remove or reduce that risk.